What PII data we collect from individuals visiting our website and blog?
To provide you with a rich and better experience, we ask for details such as your name, email id and some other details when you register with our website.
When is the information collected?
We collect the above mentioned information only if you register with our website, place any kind of order, fill up a survey, fill any kinds of forms or information on our website or if you subscribe to any of our newsletters.
How do we utilize the information collected?
Some of the information collected as part of registration on the website, any kinds of orders or purchases, subscription to the newsletter, signing up for any surveys or marketing communication, surfing through the website, or accessing certain features of the website, might be used for any of the following.
- To help us provide you with personalized experience, by presenting content and products most relevant to you.
- To improve the dynamics of the website, so that you have a hassle-free and seamless experience.
- To help us accommodate any kind of service requests made by our customers.
- To manage contests, surveys, promotional events or other features of our website.
- To send predefined periodic emails and provide you with information regarding our products and services.
How is the visitor information protected?
We do not administer any forms of vulnerability scanning or scanning adhering to PCI standards. However, we do follow the usual Malware Scanning mechanism but do not use SSL certificates.
- For visitors we do not seek any personal or private information such as credit card details or even email address, when they access our articles and information.
Does our website use Cookie?
- Easy processing of items in the cart.
- Keep a tab on user preferences, so that the same can be used for future interactions.
- Track the advertisements through our websites.
- Assist us with data compilation when it comes to website traffic. This enables us to provide you with better and more seamless experience in the future. At times me might use third party, of course trusted ones, to keep a tab on these on our behalf.
You can enable certain settings on your computer, owing to which your browser would ask you for permissions to send cookie every time or you can choose to turn off cookies all together. You can do so by accessing the settings option on your browser. It must be noted that each cookie behaves differently, so you need to look at the options closely before you can modify the same. If you do decide to turn off cookies, some of the features of the website might not function efficiently, but that does not stop you from placing orders or accessing the website and its features.
Third Party Disclosure
The Personally Identifiable Information that we gather from you is not shared, sold or traded with any other parties unless we do so with prior notice. There are several parties involved in making the user experience better for you. Such as the website hosting partners, or other approved third parties that help us in ensuring a smooth operation or provide services to you. This policy is not applicable to them as all as they agree to keep the gather information confidential. However, when it comes to non-personally identifiable information of visitors, we may pass those on to other parties for marketing, advertising and for other activities.
Third party services
From time to time, at our discretion, we may allow approved third party products and services on our website. All such products and services will have their respective privacy policies. For the products and services provided by these third parties, we take no responsibilities for the content published or activities that are generated out of the links. We pursue for your data integrity at all times. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the third party services, we are open for feedback.
We include Google’s advertising with our products and Google’s Advertising Principles sum them all up. If you want to go through them, they are available at the following link.
- Usage of Google AdSense for remarketing
- Reporting capabilities using Google Display Network Impression
- Reporting capabilities for Demographics and Interests
Our website along with the third party vendors such as Google, utilize first party cookies (cookies for Google Analytics) and third party cookies (Cookies for DoubleClick) or some other third party entities so that we can collate data for user actions along with ad imitations and other services relevant to our website. Should you want to opt out of these settings you can do so by visiting the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively you can install the Google Analytics Opt Out add on your browser or visit the Network Advertising page to out of the initiative.
In Accordance with CalOPPA
Do we handle do not track signals?
Yes, we recognize and acknowledge do not track. On receiving the do not track signal from the browser, we do not track the visitors, nor do we plant cookies nor do we advertise.
Do we allow third parties to track behavior of visitors?
Yes, we do allow third parties to track the behavior of visitors on our website.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Data collection of children under the age of 13 comes under the purview of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. The Federal Trade Commission is in charge of administering the COPPA Rule. It directs out what websites should do in order to protect the privacy of Children under 13 years and also ensure their safety. As a firm, we do not have any specific content for children under 13 years.
Fair Information Practices
The privacy law in the United State of America is largely based on the Fair Information Practices Principles. Apart from that, they have played a very important role in shaping up the data protection laws around other countries as well. Thus it is of utmost important to understand the Fair Information Practices Principles so one can implement the privacy laws with greater effect. In order to comply with the Fair Information Practices, we will ensure the following.
- In the unfortunate event of data breach of any sort, we will notify the users of the website via notifications within 7 business days of the incident taking place.
- We acknowledge the fact as per individual redress principles, impacted individuals can pursue legal course against entities involved with data collection and entities which do not adhere to the law.
- According to this principle, individuals can exercise their enforceable rights against the data collecting entities and also can reach out to courts or appropriate government agency for further investigation against the data processing entities.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN SPAM Act is a protective shield for consumers, as it outlines rules for commercial emails, it also provides requirements needed for sending commercial messages. The law also enables the consumers to opt out of email subscription and is responsible for penalties in the case of violations.
Your email address will be used for:
- Sending necessary information, responding to queries made by you, or for answering any generic questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If you do not want to receive any further email communication from us
Each of our email consists of instructions how to unsubscribe from our email list. You can follow those instructions and we will ensure that you do not receive any other email correspondence from us.
Reach Out to us